Sunday 19 May 2013

Blue snippets

No Kiddo


Firstly, there’s a notable lack of pre-match (Caretaker) Manager interview from City prior to the Norwich game; the first time I can recall for a game that had a full 4-day build up between games. I’m certain that Brian Kidd wouldn’t have asked to ‘duck’ the opportunity so it does make you wonder a little what the reason is behind the decision – other than the obvious, of course; press talk of ‘recent events’ rather than the almost meaningless game against the Canaries...

Clichy signs


Excellent news today sees Gael Clichy sign a new 4-year contract. What a bargain (at a ‘mere’ £7M) Gael has been – even more so when you consider that some City Scout once advised that it would be a good idea to spend £16M on Aleksandar Kolarov

Falcao?!


Not that I believe everything I read in the press and on-line, of course; but recent reports strongly suggested that we’d lost out on this goal-scoring machine to Monaco. So it was a pleasant surprise to read this morning that City have met the £54M buy-out clause and that, apparently, Radamel would prefer to link up with Pellegrini rather than (Jose?) at Chelsea. I hope so but, as I say, I don’t pay too much attention to such speculative articles.
 

Uwe! Uwe! Uwe!

 
Finally, good luck to Uwe Rosler's Brentford against Yeovil Town in the League 1 Play-off Final at Wembley today. Sorry Yeovil, I'm sure coming from a Manchester City fan you can understand why...

No comments:

Post a Comment