Thursday 11 December 2014

Back down to earth

After a very good performance over all against Roma and an EXCELLENT outcome, we need our lads to now show the fighting spirit exhibited against Everton last weekend.

Leicester City may be struggling at the bottom of the league with no wins in 10 or more games but they’ll be looking to change that at home against the Champions.


Another brief one folks…

In between work and Christmas-related stuff it’s proving a little difficult to find too much time to ‘post’ at the moment. So with that excuse, I give you another ‘straight to it’ predicted line-up and outcome for tomorrow’s fairly rare, 3:00pm (GMT) Saturday KO. This one has a ‘stick or twist’ element to it.

v Leicester City

 
4-4-1-1 / 4-5-1:

_______________Jovetic_______________
 

 

________________Silva________________

 

Nasri_______________Toure______Milner
 

_________Fernandinho________________

 



 

________________Hart________________
 


Stick: Joe in net

Twist: Recovery most likely fully complete, I get an awful feeling that our manager will be tempted to give Clichy a rest on Saturday and insert Kolarov instead. For several reasons that I won’t go into I think that would be a mistake and so I hope my gut feeling is wrong.

Stick: Still showing signs of naivety and rawness against Roma at times, I was tempted to suggest that Pellegrini my play Demichelis instead of the French powerhouse. However, I just wonder if Martin’s legs might be in need of a rest after Wednesday’s exertions?

Twist: Kompany to return.

Twist: I hate to suggest that Manuel might almost completely change a back line that’s only conceded 1 goal in the last 4 games…but that’s what my ‘spider sense’ is telling me. Zaba to be rested too for the ‘itching to get a game’, I’m sure, Bacary Sagna.

Stick: Fernandinho is improving game on game and will probably get the nod ahead of Fernando. And although…

Twist: …the pair had a decent game together against Roma, Yaya to step back into the team after his European suspension.

Stick: Nasri is having one of the best runs-of-form I can recall and so must surely start.

Stick: Likewise Milner…although he may have to shuffle over to the right, replacing Navas who didn’t exactly have a good one in midweek.

Twist: The magician is back! David looked lively as always when he came on and with no Aguero at the moment, he’ll fit in perfectly in an advanced position in a 4-4-1-1. I just hope his return doesn’t see a downturn in Nasri’s performance and form – we’ve seen that before when both play…

Twist: If our ‘Engineer’ does his maths correctly then he must surely see that the more fluid, hardworking and creative remaining forward is Stevan and not Edin. Surely…

Strong bench, as it often is these days, and we might need to change it to break down a very determined, I’m sure, home side eager to stop the rot.

Result? I’ve rarely been so torn in my thinking between a vey close game that we might have to settle for a very frustrating point against the bottom side…and a ‘confidence is high’, absolute rout against Nigel Pearson’s men.

So I’ll go for an in-betweener – a scarily close one that we will eventually win by changing and ‘mixing it up’ throughout the second half.

No comments:

Post a Comment