Thursday 20 June 2013

The 4-6-0

I was speaking to a colleague at work yesterday about how, if we didn’t get Edison Cavani; as long as we got Isco we’d be MORE than 'okay' going into the season with Aguero, Dzeko, Guidetti and, hopefully, Tevez.

I then went for my dinner break and the papers were full of City all-but giving up on signing the Napoli striker...and how a kind of Barcelona-style 4-6-0 could possibly be adopted by Manuel Pellegrini. Bloody press copycats…

But what if Tevez goes?


Of course if Tevez does decide he wants to move on to pastures new I personally think we need to replace him with a quality striker. And so if Cavani ISN’T joining us, that would have to be someone of the likes of Steven Jovetic, Gonzalo Higuaín (a possible target for Arsenal?), Robert Lewandowski (staying at Dortmund or, again, possibly going to Arsenal?), Mario Gomez or Stephen El Shaarawy.

But assuming, for a moment, that we start the season with our current 4 strikers (including, as I say, John Guidetti), as long as we do sign creative midfielder Isco, I for one are absolutely fine with this...more than a little excited in fact.

Not only am I convinced that under Pellegrini we’ll see a much better season from both Aguero & Tevez (tremendous quality strikers themselves let’s not forget) but I think this’ll be John Guidetti’s big chance under our new Manager. Enough has already been said about how a change in system – and introduction of at least one new winger – will benefit Dzeko greatly…and I totally agree.

So…Isco in, Cavani not in and all 4 City strikers ‘staying put’; have a look at these tasty formations.

4-5-1 / 4-2-3-1

____________________Dzeko____________________






Isco_________________Silva________________Navas
 

_________Fernandinho___________Toure___________

 

 

Clichy_______Nastasic_______Kompany_______Zabaleta

 

 

______________________Hart______________________

 
Not working? Need to change it?

4-3-2-1 / 4-3-3

____________________Dzeko____________________

 


_____Aguero_________________________Tevez_____

 
 

__________Isco_____Fernandinho_____Silva________
 

 


Clichy_______Nastasic_______Kompany_______Zabaleta

 

 

______________________Hart______________________


Or how about…

4-1-4-1

____________________Dzeko____________________

 
 

 

Nasri___________Isco________Silva__________Navas


 

__________________Fernandinho__________________

 

 
Clichy_______Nastasic_______Kompany_______Zabaleta 

 


 
______________________Hart______________________


Not working? Need to change it?

4-4-2 

_______________Aguero_______Tevez_______________

 

 

 

Isco_________Fernandinho____Toure___________Navas

 

 

Clichy_______Nastasic_______Kompany_______Zabaleta

 

 

______________________Hart______________________


Missing personnel

 
Of course I’ve not even included a whole host of Defenders; neither have I included Barry, Garcia, Rodwell, Milner, Sinclair or, indeed, John Guidetti. But you get the idea and I hope that, like me, you can see the potential for so many options and so much creativity & goals without the need to spend £52M on one striker.

In fact, if we were to sign Angel De Maria as WELL as Isco, then we could well see a 4-6-0 formation being deployed by Pellegrini. I'm not sure Aguero, Dzeko, Guidetti & Tevez would approve though…

1 comment:

  1. Hello Everybody,
    My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of S$250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of S$250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

    BORROWERS APPLICATION DETAILS


    1. Name Of Applicant in Full:……..
    2. Telephone Numbers:……….
    3. Address and Location:…….
    4. Amount in request………..
    5. Repayment Period:………..
    6. Purpose Of Loan………….
    7. country…………………
    8. phone…………………..
    9. occupation………………
    10.age/sex…………………
    11.Monthly Income…………..
    12.Email……………..

    Regards.
    Managements
    Email Kindly Contact: urgentloan22@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete