Tuesday 16 July 2019

3rd kit - opinion

Well, in my last piece I ended with the hope that our 3rd kit wasn't going to look like a tropical fish or an explosions in a luminous paint factory.

 

Oh well, you don't always get what you wish for...

 

 

Club statement

 

It reads:

 

Following the successful launch of City’s new Home and Away kits earlier this month, the Third kit features a bright gradient kit design of yellow and peach, inspired by the on-field brilliance of Manchester City’s style of football.

The vibrant and disruptive kit colours embody the modernity of the club and its mission to play attractive, technically-skilled and attacking football, from the men’s and women’s first team, right through the academies.


Well at least it represents something, if not the traditions of Manchester City Football Club, which I would have thought paramount in a football team's kit.

 

It comes with peach-coloured shorts and yellow socks, if you're interested...

4 comments:

  1. I love the away and 3rd kits, as they aren't more of the same boring dull-colored Nike crap we had grown so used to. I'll be spending £££ to acquire them from the club shop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I hope you enjoy your purchases, Blue.

      I would suggest that the black one will go well with jeans and, for the 3rd strip, will look nice on a hot, sunny beach.

      Yes indeed, the market is - and has been for a long while - directed towards our younger, future fans and I fully understand that. As I said in a previous reply, stick a badge on it and "they" will buy anything regardless of the colour or forgotten / lost traditions!

      I personally don't think that our wonderful football club's traditional colours are boring at all but I definitely agree with you that Nike brought out some terrible kits to represent MCFC.

      I would question, also, the thinking of anyone at our football club itself - throughout those years and for the coming season with our 2nd & 3rd strips - who had an input in those meetings with Nike / Puma...

      Thank you for reading and taking the time to comment.

      Delete
  2. Hiya Steve hope you are well and having a good summer.
    My grandson has just bought this kit, he loves it ??? I think it is horrible.
    The youngsters are the future buyers so maybe City have got it right.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi wernrthblue, nice to hear from you again.

      I'm not bad at all now after a period of illness for the lat 2 months and looking forward, at least, to a hot, HOT week next week! Hope you are well too.

      Yes, the youngster are indeed the future of our wonderful, progressive and already successful club and if shirt / kit sales are up again, as they always seem to be, then who am I to complain. I agree though - it's RANK!

      Stick a badge on it and "they" will come with cash / card in hand... 8- )

      One day we'll get a nice kit(s) with colour that represent MCFC and...and might part with cash myself once more!

      Cheers Blue!

      Delete