Friday 22 September 2017

Momentum.

Five-straight-wins and playing so very well going into this home, Premier League game against a very much struggling Crystal Palace side who have already changed their manager. 

 

Let’s hope we can continue that tomorrow (3:00pm KO BST)…


v Crystal Palace


Etihad Stadium

Predicted line-up, subs and outcome
(Number correct from starting line-up in the last game, which was a few games back v Liverpool: 9/10).

4-4-1-1 / 4-4-2:

____________________Aguero____________________




_____________________Jesus____________________





Sane________D. Silva______De Bruyne_____B. Silva



Mendy___________________________________Walker


_____________Otamendi______Stones______________



____________________Ederson___________________


Ederson to wear the gloves…and the protective head gear.

With Vinny unlikely to be risked for this one it’s, sort of, a ‘back 4’; with Benjamin & Kyle supporting the attacks when/where possible.

I think we’ll then see four creative, attacking midfielders / wingers for our home game against a fragile outfit in the shape of Leroy, David, Kevin & Bernardo; all supporting Gabriel & Sergio in attack.

Claudio the back-up stopper; Danilo & Mangala the defensive replacement options. Fabian Fernandinho & Yaya provide the central midfield options from the side; Raheem in reserve for a more advanced change.

Notable absences: Vincent Kompany (on way back from injury / back in training), Ilkay Gundogan (injured).

Do I agree with Pep’s (predicted) line-up?

Although Palace might ‘pack the midfield’ and provide some resistance there I’m sure...that’s fine by me!

Result? A City win. Might take some 'breaking down' at first but I think this might also be another big score.

Last season’s, corresponding pre-match prediction and result…
Prediction: Win
Result: Win


Still some family illness issue but it's nice to be back ‘Blogging’ again!

2 comments:

  1. I like the strategic use of bold fonts, but I wondered sometimes where my attention should be with the emphasis you were conveying. I’m also sorry to hear about the family illness issues, I hope those are resolved soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Boston...

    Thank you very much for your message and for reading. I very much apprecite your feedback too.

    With regards to bold fonts, I'm taking it as the colours I use and not the minor headlines in bold. If I've got that right; I understand fully and your message has made me aware that I've started to use much more coloured wording of late.

    The blue are hyperlinks and I include these as I've noticed that I get 'blog hits' from all over the world and, sometimes, I make reference to some more obsure things other than just players and team names. However, taking a 'step back', I am aware that my blog has started to look a little TOO colourful and your kind feedback has made me have another look at that. Once again I appreciate the feedback.

    Thanks again for reading and for your feedback and many thanks also for your kind words regarding the issues with family illness.

    Take care.

    ReplyDelete