Wednesday 2 October 2013

Day of mixed feelings


A sour-tasting, avoidable, post-Premier League defeat still hanging in the air; a family funeral, a Manager too obsessed with the Champions League still bugging me a little...but then again a potential 'cracker' against Bayern Munich to look forward to tonight. It’s a bit of a strange day for me.


Long day ahead…


It’s now 7:11am, I’ve been up for 26 minutes and it’s cold, grey, wet ‘n’ windy outside. "Perfect" funeral weather in fact; as I prepare for my father-in-law’s farewell. Sad day.

Being surround by friends and family (some from abroad) as she will be for most of the day, my wife has given me ‘the nod’ to attend tonight’s match. And so while the family drinks extend into the night, I’m sure, I’ll be nipping home at around 4:00pm to tend to my dog, get changed and generally prepare for tonight’s game against the current Champions of Europe.

Still slightly smarting from yet more (avoidable) dropped points in the Premier League last Saturday; through all of the emotions of both that and today’s events to follow, I’m TRYING to be motivated and, indeed, positive for today’s match. But it’s a little difficult at the moment.

Having said all of that I am going to stick with a feeling that I got about a week or so ago, which is that we’ll fair well against the German side…and in saying that we'll ‘fair well’, I am somewhat understating our very good chances of a win tonight. I hope so, of course, but then hope even more so that our Manager starts to take the Premier League more seriously; STARTING, of course, with a win against Everton but then with strong line-ups against both West Ham United & Chelsea away from home in the not-too-distant future.

Focus on tonight…


This video from City’s WEB site is enough to get anyone in the mood for tonight’s match; a crackin’ display and result against Bayern.

Tonight’s probable line-up:

Fluid 4-5-1 / 4-3-3:

_______________Aguero______________


 

Nasri__________________________Navas

__________Toure_______Silva_________

_____________Fernandinho____________
 

 
Clichy____Nastasic___Kompany____Zabaleta
 

 

_________________Hart________________


Subs: Pantilimon, Richards, Lescott, Milner, Jovetic, Negredo, Dzeko
 

A win for City…

No comments:

Post a Comment