Sunday 26 November 2023

Blog announcement and comment.

I’m not going to be doing a pre-match blog-posting ahead of our home game against RB Leipzig on Tuesday night.

The next time I’ll be ‘putting pen to paper’ will be ahead of our home-league game against Spurs, which is coming up on Sunday 3rd December, 4:30pm GMT.

A quick look back…

Yesterday, against Liverpool, sort of feels like a defeat in some ways; certainly 2-points dropped at the very least, in my opinion.

We were playing well; Liverpool didn’t look too sharp and I felt we should have punished them more before the break but failed to capitalise on two Liverpool errors.

Then it was our turn to look at little lethargic as we came out for the second half looking like our players were happy to stay in the warmth of the dressing room. Even the home crowd sounded flat after the break. Liverpool started to press.

We did eventually up the tempo and I thought, just like the majority of the first half, we owned most of the final 20+ minutes. However, chance after good chance ‘went begging’ but then…that disallowed goal left me shaking my head for a good few minutes. “Soft” doesn’t even come close to describing the incident. Robbed of a goal in my humble.

However, despite a couple of good saves from a Liverpool keeper who was having a very up & down game; 60% possession and 16 shots but only 5 on target does, on this occasion, paint a fairly accurate picture. Good finish by their player for the equaliser, I have to add.

I thought we played well for the most part, certainly better than our visitors, and we defended well too. However, it just looked & felt like we couldn’t find our 4th & 5th gears.

Huh…early kick-offs and / or games following international breaks, hey.

Solidarity


No comments:

Post a Comment