Sunday 20 February 2022

Blog announcement

Due to going away on Friday morning for a long weekend holiday, they’ll be no pre-match blog-posting ahead of our trip to Everton; a game I’m also unlikely to get to watch and, so… 🤞

This was always going to be, of course, a game we need to win – we were certainly never in a position to 'take our foot off the accelerator'. But having suffered an irritating home defeat to Spurs, yesterday, there does seem, understandably, a greater need / urgency to keep picking up 3 points; starting, ironically, in Merseyside this-coming Saturday (5:30pm GMT).

Brief thoughts on that Spurs defeat? I’ll just 'copy & paste' what I wrote on a vlog this morning:

I feel like I'm to blame for that result yesterday, in some ways, as I painted two scenarios in my pre-match blog where, in the first scenario, we lost and Harry Kane scored a hat-trick! 🙄

Very disappointing to lose at home to a side who have lost 3 league games in a row but, as I say, I sort of saw it coming - flippin' Spurs have a nasty habit of doing that to us, especially at crucial times and when we least need it...or at least that's how it seems to me.

Too many players had below-par performances at the same time - I even thought some of our better players' passing was off yesterday, although I have to give Tottenham a lot of credit for the way their bank of 5 defenders and 4 midfielders worked hard to make the passing spaces tight.

Just need to reset & focus now and a trip to Goodison, next up, is something that should force us to do.

I think 21 shots and only 4 on target tells an old, sadly-familiar story too...

Thanks, as always, for taking the time to read and, hopefully, I’ll be back blogging ahead of our trip to Peterborough United in the 5th round of the F.A. Cup on Tuesday 1st March (7:15pm GMT).

Next up - Goodison Park

C’mon City!

No comments:

Post a Comment