Tuesday 16 March 2021

Hello again!

2nd leg of the ‘round of 16’ and we find ourselves back in Hungary and the Puskas Arena in Budapest, all due to quarantine restrictions the German Government would have had to impose on our opponents upon their return if they’d have travelled to the UK.

v Borussia Monchengladbach

Puskas Arena
Predicted line-up, subs and outcome:

(Number correct from the starting line-up in the last game: 6/11).

After Pep COMPLETELY decimated my Fantasy Football team v Fulham with his exclusions of almost my entire midfield including my captain & vice-captain (yeah, thanks for that fella…but in hindsight I should have seen that coming with this game just 3 days later); I think we’re sure to see some rotation in the starting 11 / squad from last Saturday’s win…

Fluid 4-1-4-1 / 4-5-1 / 4-3-3:

____________________Jesus____________________

 

 

Foden__________________________________Mahrez

 

__________Gundogan_______De Bruyne__________

 

_________________Fernandinho__________________

Zinchenko_______________________________Walker

 

_____________Dias__________Stones_____________

 

 

___________________Ederson____________________

Subs: Steffen, Carson, Cancelo, Mendy, Ake, Garcia, Laporte, Rodri, Silva, Sterling, Torres, Aguero.

Ederson - one of the only City players who, in hindsight once again, I really should have in my Fantasy Football team – continues in net.

The partnership’ in the middle of the defence is surely going to be selected to start tonight – that being Ruben & John. Oleksandr & Kyle, I think, will flank either of those.

Rodri might be asked to ‘go again’ but I’ve just got a feeling that the defensive midfield role might be rotated from last Saturday’s game. Fernandinho to get the job tonight I would say.

Ahead of the Brazilian is a likely attacking 4 of Phil, Ilkay, Kevin & Riyad, all in support of Gabriel.

With 12 subs to choose from and 5 allowed on, on no more than 3 occasions; both Zack & Scott are likely to get reserve keeper places on the bench. Joao, Benjamin, Nathan, Eric & Aymeric make up the rather large contingent of defensive options from the side. Rodders, Bernardo, Raheem & Sergio are the midfield / wing / attacking choices from ‘the 12’.

Notable absences:

Do I agree with Pep’s (predicted) line-up?

Yep, can’t see anything wrong with that for tonight’s 2nd leg – defensively sound with excellent attacking threat to, hopefully, see us through.

Result? I’ve no idea if “our visitors” (you’ve got to laugh, haven’t you?) have any injuries to key players and the only other research I’ve done is to look at their league form, which shows as really poor D L L L L and sees them slip to 10th.

You should never be complacent, especially in the Champions League I’ve come to learn, but this is a City win for me – a game I MIGHT not get to watch…

Last season’s, corresponding pre-match prediction and result…

Prediction: N/A

Result: N/A

Expected weather conditions during the game: Chilly. Clear skies and a brisk, north-westerly breeze is likely to make the 6C temperature feel closer to 1 or 2C, I’m sure. Nothing that should affect the game though.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment