Friday 1 February 2019

Post-Newcastle / Pre-Arsenal


Bit of a Blog announcement, really, in that due to sickness…

 


 

(the ‘going around cold thing’ finally got me!) which I'm still “suffering” with a little and…

 

 

…a busy time of it to come this weekend; they’ll be no pre-match Blog-posting before our game on Sunday against the Gunners.


I flippin’ said it!


Although I predicted a win against Newcastle (and got all 11 correct in the starting line-up, I don't mind adding) I have been suggesting of late that there’s just...‘something not quite right’ with us at the moment.

Suggestions from fellow Blues I’ve spoken to since include…

-       Fatigue
-       Complacency

Well if we are suffering fatigue then God help us in the coming weeks with Arsenal at home on Sunday; Everton away on Wednesday, Chelsea at home the following Sunday, Middlesbrough or Newport away the Saturday after that, FC Schalke 04 the Wednesday following, a certain League Cup final against Chelsea just 4 days later and West Ham United at home 3 days after…just to complete February!

If it’s complacency, then I’m shocked! It’s not like Pep to allow ‘that sort of thing now’ to creep into his team and if it has; then there’s an underlying issue he has to work on quickly!

I was too ill to even listen to the game on Tuesday night but I’ve heard that there were so many players who looked ‘off colour’ it was scary! I’m not even going into the goal that wasn’t and the booking related to it…

Reaction…


Well we need one! And thank the Gods of football that Leicester did us a favour against Liverpool on Wednesday; keeping them within 5 points at least!

I do expect us to ‘up our game’ against a side who have also shown signs of flakiness but if we do come out of Sunday’s game with 3 points; I am hoping that, whatever the issue might be, can be resolved beyond this weekend’s game.

Sorry again for the lack of a pre-game posting – I will endeavour to get one out before our midweeker…

No comments:

Post a Comment