Friday 21 December 2018

'tis the season...

Hi to all of my regular readers and non-regular / first-time reader-visitors to my Manchester City Blog!

 

Apologies to all that I won't be posting a pre-match blog before tomorrow's home game v Crystal Palace and, in advance, if I don't manage also one before our Boxing Day away game at Leicester City. It's just one of them - people to visit; people visiting us and fings to do before the 'big day'...

 

Comment 1: What an almost identical situation (and exact outcome) it was to last season away at Leicester last Tuesday in the same round of the League Cup; almost a year to the day and at the same ground also! Even with all my years & experience of following City and football in general; I continue to be blown away by such coincidences!

It's great that we progressed in a competition that we've done so well in, in recent years and great also to see so many youngsters in 'the 11' and on the bench for that one.

Comment 2: I rarely, unless I have to, mention "them" on my Blog but...FECK! I was hoping that 'the moaning one' would stay at Manyoo for a long, long time. Oh well. But...seriously? Ole Gunnar Solskjaer as Caretaker Manager on loan, is it, for 3 months or has he now left Molde FK to take on the Trafford club for the remainder of the season? Don't care. What are we talking here as a Manager: 2 spells at a Norwegian club who are about the equivalent of the English League 2 level and a failed spell at Cardiff City?

I certainly don't want to give this much more 'air time' than that. However, I will add that although I'm sure the spirits of the Manyoo players will-have-been-lifted by the removal of the dark, poisonous cloud that was Jose; Ole might have an "impact" and get some good, initial results...but I just can't see it being a productive remainder of the season for that shambolic club. I might be proven wrong...

Comment 3: Back to proper footy - I think we're in a good way at the moment. Key players returning from injury and the team / football club looks in fine fettle!

Happy Christmas to all! Have a good'n...



2 comments:

  1. Happy Christmas Steve to you and yours. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Werneth Blue! You too, to you and yours also! Happy Christmas and New Year!

      Delete