Friday 20 April 2018

Small write-up…


Apologies…AGAIN for a-not-usual pre-match write-up prior to our next game v Swansea. This time is ‘cause I’m preparing, with my wife, for a 500+ mile-round car journey to Surrey & back tomorrow to pick up a new rescue dog following the loss of our last one just over 2 months ago.


We’ve won the league!


It seems, in some ways, to have happened with a whimper, doesn’t it? I get that; it would have been nice to-have gone out with a 'blast' against Manyoo but it just didn’t happen. That also came in the middle of two, very humbling encounters with Liverpool in the Champions League, albeit with a brilliant 1st half performance in the second leg and lot of controversy against us with officials and issues off the pitch over the two legs.

Hello mum? We might win the league this weekend...
So how did we respond? With a very, very good & professional display at Spurs / Wembley...followed by ‘our neighbours’ helping us out by failing to score and lose to the Premier League’s bottom side, West Brom. Thanks for that!

It was odd though – I was listening to most of that game on my own in the garden and found myself simply - and quietly - raising my arms in the air as the final whistle of that game sounded. Job done.

And WHAT a job! Let’s not forget that this season we have played some BRILLIANT football and have show such desire & team spirit to be deserved champions. An understatement...

Sunday…


For reasons I’ve already explained, I’ve not even tuned into Pep’s pre-match press conference. Of course with news of his 'op' Aguero is out for the season and that leaves me with additional hope that not-only should we see the likes of Brahim Diaz & Phil Foden be-given some ‘game time’ for some of the remaining fixtures but also Lukas Nmecha, who I’ve not yet seen play but who I’ve heard some good stuff about. I’d like to see some other EDS players too…

I think we might see some of those against Swansea; perhaps away at West Ham too on the 29th of April. I think we’ll then see a full-strength team for the visit of Huddersfield, when the trophy is planned to be lifted (but hopefully, by then, I’ll be back ‘Blogging’ for that one and before-time).

Sorry again for the break in service and thanks, as always, for ‘tuning in’.

No comments:

Post a Comment